William Kirk are currently looking for a new Transport Planner to join their team.
This is a dynamic role in a very busy environment and requires someone who is versatile and keen to take responsibility for ensuring they deliver excellent service to all our customers within a framework of supporting the operation to ensure the plan is achieved.
William Kirk is a successful Warehousing and Haulage company that is part of the wider Kinaxia group offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and fast paced working environment.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Communicate effectively with the other traffic planning team regarding that day’s requirements and get an immediate understanding of planned routes, vehicle allocations and driver availability. React to vehicle defects and driver absence and cover with agency staff if necessary, in line with company procedures.
- Continue with the preparation of customer paperwork including known collection paperwork. Maintain effective systems to ensure drivers receive the correct manifests and delivery paperwork including PDA’s.
- Commence escalation plan in event of any overnight trunk failures and ensure Customer Services are notified and supported in any customer notification process.
- Liaise with warehouse staff regarding pallet discrepancies and any other changes to planned routes and amend the plan accordingly to encompass these while ensuring all customers are promptly updated.
- Progress check allocated jobs throughout the day, especially timed and am slots and check and respond to Contrado messages.
- Answer and deal with other depot ‘phone calls relating to their deliveries.
- Support company HR processes.
Key skills of a Transport Planner:
- Strong administration skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate including all Microsoft programmes
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Ethos on continuous improvement
- Experience within the Transport sector
- Confident, professional and efficient when communicating on the phone with drivers and customers
Qualifications, key skills and experience required:
- Effective communication ability
- Use of Stirling TMS, Palletline Network TMS Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with transport management systems
- Previous experience working in a transport environment
- Working knowledge of transport/driver hours and regulations
- Quick Learner
- Can work in fast paced environments – highly pressured
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.