We are currently looking to recruit a Transport Planner to join our team.
William Kirk is a successful Warehousing and Haulage company that is part of the wider Kinaxia group offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and fast paced working environment.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Communicate effectively with the other traffic planning team on a daily basis and get an immediate understanding of planned routes, vehicle allocations and driver availability.
- React to vehicle defects and driver absence and cover with agency staff if necessary, in line with company procedures.
- Preparation of customer paperwork including known collection paperwork. Maintain effective systems to ensure drivers receive the correct manifests and delivery paperwork including PDA’s.
- Commence escalation plan in event of any overnight trunk failures and ensure the Customer are notified via the correct process.
- Liaise with warehouse staff regarding pallet discrepancies and any other changes to planned routes and amend accordingly and ensuring all customers are promptly updated.
- Progress check allocated jobs throughout the day, especially timed and am slots and check and respond to messages.
- Answer and deal with other depot ‘phone calls relating to their deliveries.
- Support company HR processes.
Key skills Include:
- Strong administration skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Experience within the Transport sector
- Confident,communicating on the phone with drivers and customers
- Use of Stirling TMS, Palletline Network TMS Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Drivers’ Hours, WTD and FORS rules and guidelines
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 879990.