William Kirk are currently looking for a new Transport Planner to join their team. This is a dynamic role in a very busy environment and requires someone who is versatile and keen to take responsibility for ensuring they deliver excellent service to all our customers within a framework of supporting the operation to ensure the plan is achieved.
William Kirk is a successful Warehousing and Haulage company that is part of the wider Kinaxia group offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and fast paced working environment.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Communicate effectively with the other traffic planning team regarding that day’s requirements and get an immediate understanding of planned routes, vehicle allocations and driver availability.
- React to vehicle defects and driver absence and cover with agency staff if necessary, in line with company procedures.
- Continue with the preparation of customer paperwork including known collection paperwork. Maintain effective systems to ensure drivers receive the correct manifests and delivery paperwork including PDA’s.
- Commence escalation plan in event of any overnight trunk failures and ensure Customer Services are notified and supported in any customer notification process.
- Liaise with warehouse staff regarding pallet discrepancies and any other changes to planned routes and amend the plan accordingly to encompass these while ensuring all customers are promptly updated.
- Progress check allocated jobs throughout the day, especially timed and am slots and check and respond to Contrado messages.
- Answer and deal with other depot ‘phone calls relating to their deliveries.
- Support company HR processes.
Key skills of a Transport Planner:
- Strong administration skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate including all Microsoft programmes
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Ethos on continuous improvement
- Experience within the Transport sector
- Confident, professional and efficient when communicating on the phone with drivers and customers
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.